Doors

You know those plastic doors which look like white wood?

Where can you get them?

Mary drunk

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Wickes.

Reply to
Huge

What type of door are you after!?!

Cupboard Doors? External Doors? Internal Doors? Garage Doors? Trap Doors? Etc..

Reply to
Sparks

Sorry, I was drunk.

Internal doors to a room.

Mary>

Reply to
Mary Fisher

You can get them at any large DIY superstore and probably mail order if you don't have one near.

If you want to splash out a bit try here...

RedOnRed

Yes, I can't get the relevant page up on Wickes but B&Q have them.

I don't want one at all! I hate them, we're very happy with our original wooden doors. No, it's for a neighbour who's been supplied by a charity with some horrid doors which are the wrong size and have about a hundred* layers of paint on them. I suggested that it would be easier to buy some of the modern ones than try to refurbish and hang the old ones. She's very pleased with what I've come up with.

Mary

  • OK, perhaps that's an exaggeration. It might only be sixty.
Reply to
Mary Fisher

Well I was wondering; plastic doors didn't really sound like you! I'd decided you must have been *very* drunk...

David

Reply to
Lobster

:-) I was.

Plastic has its place ... our cabinet maker daughter has used these doors in her flat. I was amazed but she said that it was only temporary, to fill the holes. They're working on restoring the real houseand everything wood in there is being made by them, by hand. Even the roof beams. I think that's taking things a bit too far but they're taking pleasure and pride in it.

I wouldn't consider using them because we have no holes to fill and our original doors are still sound. Well, a bit worn at the edges and kicked at the bottom but they work, they open, close and keep out the draughts. I don't believe in, "If it ain't broke, break it" and of course fashion isn't my style!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher