Door stay?

Is there a particular name for the following type of door stay?

It has a flat metal bar which fits between two brackets, one on the door one on frame at the top of the door. As you open the door it latches in the fully open position and to release it to allow it to close there is a pull cord. Often used on industrial and garage doors.

I can't seem to be able to find any locally.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Search for door latches

I know the one you're on about? the type it latches to the bracket and you push the door back a bit to release the latch.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

I think its code 24725 you're after?

The3rd Earl Of Derby

The3rd Earl Of Derby pretended :

No, this is just to hold the door in a wide open position possibly against the wind, until the cord is pulled to release the catch.

Thanks anyway.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

2?

Reply to
shaun

That it!

The 'garage door stay'

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

The message from "shaun" contains these words:

fifties. Dead good they were, strong, reliable and easy to use.

Reply to
Guy King

Jolly good :-)

Reply to