Door not unlocking on urmet 1130 handset.

When flat buzzer is pressed , buzzer rings in flat , we lift handset , switch on base unit extends . We can hear person outside speak but they are unable to hear us . We then de-press button on base unit for them to enter. They can hear a buzz at door but lock does not disengage and are unable to enter. Any ideas what could b the problem. Handset and base unit where knocked off the wall. Souldered connection onto privacy switch had came off. I resouldered wire and was then able to hear person outside speak . Thought I had cracked it but unfortunately lock still not coming off. Cheers john
If the door is "buzzing", that suggests that the unlock signal is getting through. Are other flats having the same problem?
Either way, surely this is a building maintenance issue, as the door entry system maintenance should be part of your freeholder's responsibility.
Sounds like a voltage feed for the solonoid is missing. Brian

It may be buzzing, but is it buzzing as loudly and strongly as before? Could you be missing a common return and it's trying to loop back through some other part of the circuit? Does anything abnormal happen when you try to buzz people in, apart from it not working of course?
--
Bill

On Sunday, November 2, 2014 3:44:04 PM UTC, John mc wrote:

If other flats can release the lock that (pretty much) rules out lock or wiring problems.
http://www.intercomsrus.com/handset%20pdf/Urmet%201130%20Intercom%20Handset%20Data%20Sheet.pdf
Do you have 6-11-10 strapped?
Owain