Door hinges

Beveled edge kitchen cupboard doors. Require 12mm hole for hinge thing. Door is 18mm until you get to the bevel when it's less. Comes very close to the front. OH says there's a router bit that cost 45 quid that'll do it easily - is this the best way to go? All suggestions welcome. Thanks

Reply to
Mogga

Tricky.

I bought some cupboard doors from srewy,five of them had to be taken back as the door hinges recess was so finely near the outer facia, when closing of the hinge put a bit of pressure on the laminate and split it revealing the round drilled out hole were the hinge sits in.

Reply to
George

've used one of these with bevelled edge doors. As long as you remember to stop in time, they work fine.

Cheaper version at

- probably not as long lasting, but should do a one off.

auctions

Thanks - I've told OH about it It's a shame we couldn't find any plain doors that didn't have a bevel (Ok there are those very shiny ones that look far too modern) :)

Reply to
Mogga