Domestic hot water flow problem

When we turn on hot water tap first thing in morning, or shower, water flows for about minute, stops or slows right down, then after few minutes begins to flow again, but often need to turn tap/shower full on before get hot water, then comes out at a rush. When happens with shower the shower cable and head violently shake as water gushes out where moments before there was a trickle. Now we find the shower is constantly dripping. What need do...are these problems connected? Hot water and heating through Worcester Bosch combie boiler.

Reply to
rdm

My first suspect would be an airlock in the pipe or boiler somewhere. When water flows in a glug-glug fashion (on for a bit, off for a bit) it's often caused by an airlock where the negative pressure inside the pipework builds up.

You might also consider whether there is a feed problem, in so far that the pipework might deliver everything it has to offer for a period of time, but the water in the pipework is not being replenished as fast as it is drawn off. Could the gate valves feeding the circuit be only partly open?

Andrew

Please note that the email address used for posting usenet messages is configured such that my antispam filter will automatically update itself so that the senders email address is flagged as spam. If you do need to contact me please visit my web site and submit an enquiry -

Andrew McKay

A bit more info is required:

Please describe the behaviour of the kitchen sink tap in the morning. Do you still have any storage cisterns still in use even though you have a combi boiler?

Reply to
Ed Sirett

No problem with kitchen sink tap in morning. Water starts as tepid and becomes hot without any gurgling or shaking. We don't have any storage cisterns, no hot or cold. R.

Reply to
rdm