Hot Water flow diminishes on startup, why?

Dear Experts,

I'm visting my parent's house. The plumbing in their bathtub is really odd.

You turn on the hot water. You get a certain flow and heat. As usual, I then add the cold water so it's not too hot.

Then, the hot water flow starts to diminish. The water gets colder.

When I turn off the cold water completely, I see just a trickle of hot water! So, I will open it up some more.

After I then open up the cold water, the same thing will happen!!!

Finally, after two iterations, I have to open the faucet almost full to get a consistent flow.

This takes a minute or two to adjust when you are trying to take a shower.

They have two faucets. One for hot, and one for cold.

What is the cause and the solution? Change the valve?

Thanks a lot!

Reply to
condor_222

WTF is this in alt.hvac ? Call a f****ng plumber.

Reply to
.p.jm

wrote>

I don't know if it's too much caffeine, ethanol, drugs or what--but I'd suggest you refrain from posting in this condition. Chill, please! Not everybody is as "smart" as you. *Not* posting a reply to a message you find silly is oftentimes better than all other options. 'Nuff said--I'm out of this thread for good.

Reply to
Craig