Doing your own electrical work

Knighthood, more like ...

Reply to
Huge

So does this mean I am not legally allowed to add the spur I was just going to add?

Steve

Reply to
Steve Rainbird

Just answered my own question.

From the building regs

"Works that are not notifiable include repairs, replacements and maintenance; and additions or alterations to existing circuits outside of kitchens and bathrooms."

Steve

Reply to
Steve Rainbird

Regrettably, no :-(

Dave

Reply to
Dave

My bathroom lighting circuit (for the light at least) is actually in the loft, so I guess I'll just carry on as normal.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

How does this information sit regarding Christian McArdle's reply to me in Message-ID: :

CMcA: > CPB: > > Unless there's documentation of what was there, it doesn't really > > matter. You're "allowed" to replace bits and pieces, so who'll > > know? > It would be hard to suggest that a rewired house with every cable > saying 2006 was actually rewired in 2003, but that every single > cable and fitting had to be replaced since.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Chris Bacon