Dog flap recommendations

Having sweated over installing an utterly crappy Staywell medium dogflap today (the construction is incredibly flimsy) I've decided that there's just

*got* to be a better brand out there somewhere.

Can anyone recommend a brand that better constructed?

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

I can only speak as staff for a large cat or two, but I've always been very happy with Pet Mate. And they have good customer service, do spare parts, and send them promptly.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Know what you mean - they're not particularly cheap for what they are=20 either...

Having said that, our last Staywell lasted 7-8 years IIRC - not=20 properly of course, the magnetic strips were sh*te and had broken off=20 within months with their customer service leaving much to be desired=20 (they'd sell me replacements), but I replaced it last week with the=20 nearest equivalent I could find - another Staywell (760) rather than=20 cutting more holes out of the door :-}

If anyone is on the lookout for a cheap(er) Staywell, we found they=20 were close to half the normal selling price (even compared to fleabay)=20 at a local Wyevale Garden Centre (Warrington) - the large one was =A323=20 and the medium =A318 IIRC.

Reply to
Colin Wilson