Do I need planning permission or BC0 approval for this little job?

I own a house that was long ago converted to two flats. Each has its own front door. Some years ago, I installed a fire door in the party wall between the flats, in a non-loadbearing wall. Now I want to seal that doorway up, (using double-thickness plasterboard each side). Do I need planning permission or building control approval for this?

Thanks,

Drake.

Reply to
Drake

I can't see that you'd need either - provided the occupants of both flats have adequate means of escape without relying on being able to go through the other flat via the fire door.

Reply to
Roger Mills

I am not so sure...there may be issues into making 'two flats in one building' into 'tow flats completely separate..

Change of use etc.

One hesitates between 'do it and don't tell anybody' and 'check first with everybody to avoid expensive disappointment later'

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher