Diy Wiki

Why is there a banner advert for kitchen doors on this page?

I missing something? I thought there was to be no commercial advertising on the FAQ.

Reply to
Dave Osborne

From the front page

"*Can I advertise on this website?*

Sorry, but no. This may come as a surprise, but this web site is a non commercial site. It has no product to sell, and is not intended to generate any income for its owner. The only banner ad we carry is the one you see at the top of this page, and that is for a business affiliated with the enterprise which generously provides all our web hosting free of charge. That also means that if you sell web site search optimisation services, we really have no need to hear from you!"

Reply to
Andrew May

Hmm. Translation:

Q: Can I advertise on this website? A: No, you can't, only I can.

:-)

Reply to
Ronald Raygun

Thanks Andy. I read that page from top to bottom (or so I thought) and still missed that paragraph. :-(

Reply to
Dave Osborne

We used to have an advert for Grunff's symworks hosting company up there (who do our hosting), but since they no longer sell hosting services to end users. there was not much point in keeping that. Hence the change to the current one, which seemed most relevant to the sites content and is another of Grunff's ever growing portfolio of online outlets.

Reply to
John Rumm

perhaps it could have [advertisement] written next to the one advert, and if you click [advertisemnt] it would lead to the paragraph explaining its for the webhosting? [g]

Reply to
george [dicegeorge]