DIY Protein?

The price of packaged protein powder has skyrocketed. I used to buy 1Kg for less than 10 quid; now the same brand is over the 25 mark.

Eggs look like the natural replacement, but how do you put eggs in/on your oat porridge/muesli?

Raw is not an option for hygienic reasons.

Boiled, ok, but I don't like the texture of boiled eggs.

What about scrambling the eggs and briefly (a minute or so) cooking them in your porridge? Would that be enough to kill salmonella?

Reply to
Simon Ferrol

Surely you get enough protein in a "normal" diet? (Most people consume much more protein that they need for the amino acids; the surplus is converted to carbohydrate.)

Is this for some kind of "fad" diet, or do you have a health condition?

Reply to
Max Demian

Egg powder, I used to eat it out of the tin during WW2. I liked dried milk as well.

Reply to
jon

And the nitrogen left over is excreted as urea via the kidneys; too much protein stresses the kidneys as they try to get rid of it.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Lion marked eggs achieved years ago such low levels of salmonella that they were declared safe for pregnant women, young children and the elderly . If you are on a medically advised diet that avoids even the very small risk from it then I'm surprised you don't also have advice on what and how much protein to eat.

Reply to
Robin

Egg powder is as expensive as if not more expensive than whey powder. At around £27 kg on Amazon.

Reply to
Simon Ferrol

Why have you decided you need protein powder ?

Reply to
Rod Speed