Dishwasher won't fill fully

Hi, got a Hotpoint DWT10 dishwasher, and it won't cycle through fuly - any ideas?

Water flows in, and will pump out - so that's all okay. The main pump works when I put 240 to it, so that's okay. The pressure switch seems to work okay. But when I run a cycle, water flows into the dishwasher bay, gets maybe half an inch deep, and then pumps straight out again. Hotpoint are useless - says the flashing eco and prewash light means a filter problem - but the filters are clean, and so is the drain pump. As well as a pressure switch there is a weird container, with some kind of switch on it, that appears to run off a hose coming from the sump - I think this might be an addtional level swtich - a venturi perhaps?

I know nothing about this thing, so any advice would be most grateful. Hope you can help fellers.

Reply to
frankies.laptop