dishwasher problem

Bosch Dishwasher SGS 5342GB/17

It is stopping at different times through the cycle (eg with the clock showing 42 mins , 27 mins ) and making a sucking noise . when opened there is no water in the cabinet, although i've had the side off and checked there is water flowing through the bit that gets gunged up , the and watched water flowing in at the start of the cycle, and there has been some cleaning /rinsing going on until it stops. when i press the reset button combination at the front the timer goes to zero but the noise doesn't stop - that only stops when i open the cabinet door.

its as if there is a solenoid that intermittently isnt opening and stopping the flow of water round the system , or the PCB/ EPROM has failed.

the machine is about 10 years old. Is it worth getting it fixed ?

Reply to
paul

How about a stuck float? Not dropping when the water is all gone, so the pump carries on running?

Reply to
Bob Eager

When you open the cabinet door - is water dribbling out of the jets or could the noise be the drain pump? If it's the drain pump, then you've probably got a leak and the external water detector is stopping the machine and pumping all the water out. In which case there's another thread from a week or so ago.

If you can work out what's wrong and do it yourself, then possibly, but if you have to call someone out then quite possibly not.

Ours stopped working recently, but it displayed an error code telling me that it was the heater circuit. I took a look and found that the heater had gone open circuit. I could have bought a replacement online for less than 30 quid. As it happened, my dad had one off a different machine in his garage, identical except for the length of stainless tubing that it is welded to - so I sawed a length off the old tube and bought 3" of silcon hose and some jubilee clips from the local "performance" car shop and voila a replacment for next to nothing!

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker