Dish washer drinking rinse aid

My hotpoint model DWF60 has recently started using a lot of Rinse Aid, I find myself needing to top up every few days. It is (thank goodness) cleaning the dishes well, but any ideas as to how to reduce its dependence on rinse aid? TIA

Reply to
Broadback

I assume you aren't using tablets then. Might be worth switching.

Reply to
doozer

I did not know that rinse aid tablets were available, please tell me more.

Reply to
Broadback

I thought, but I might be wrong as I can't say I take that much notice, that the tablets (e.g. Finish Power Ball) came with rinse aid and salt, or other water softeners, built in. In fact IIRC the "ball" is meant to be/contain the rinse aid.

I know we never stick rinse aid or salt in our dishwasher and things come out fine and we live in a fairly hard water area. There are sometimes a few salt marks on Teflon coated pans but they are really easily brushed of with a tea towel if they bother you.

Reply to
doozer

(thank

notice,

We live in a medium-hard water area and have been using 3-in-1 tablets from Aldi for some time now... at around 10p each they're a damn site cheaper than any of the 'known' brands yet work brilliantly, and we don't have to faff around with loading salt and rinse-aid any more.

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew J. Newton

if you think somethihgn is wrong, ask in the Forum at whitegoods uk -

they seem a helpful bunch Ian

Reply to
Ian Hooksem