Dexion substitute

My understanding is that Dexion ceased to operate in the UK several years ago.

The 1 inch square section tubing would have been ideal for my next project.

Is anything similar available from a different manufacturer?

Are there any second hand dealers in Dexion with reasonable stocks?

Is it possible to buy new Dexion across the Channel? ie not too far from Calais - north east France, west side of Germany)

TIA

Reply to
ironer

"ironer" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

(watch the wrap)

Any good??

Plenty more if you google speedframe

mike

Reply to
mike

I've got some, about 6 metres in 100mm, 500mm, 700mm pieces or there abouts. Do you want that? No connectors though some inserts.

Reply to
visionset

RS sell a similar system.

Reply to
badger.badger

The message from "ironer" contains these words:

If it's just plain 1" square tubing you want, your local steel stockholder will be cheapest. Probably.

Reply to
Guy King

Reply to
Codswallop

Many thanks for the replies & for the leads which gave the answer(s).

I posted beacause I failed to find some to buy a year or so ago, but I am out of date: although Dexion is no longer as ubiquitous as it was 10 years ago, Dexion Comino Ltd, a rump of the old firm

it: Also there appears to be a major agent in Milton Keynes

the 2 key points about Dexion which make it attractive to me over bog standard steel tube are (1) it has a black plastic-like coating (2) the snap in connectors which provide quick trouble free accurate joins & angles. Means I can make a quick frame work which doesn't need further finishing off.

Thanks again

Reply to
ironer

The Natural Philosopher