Designated parking spaces at superstore

I found a refreshing use of designated parking spaces at a new Wickes near me.

Instead of disabled and 'mother and baby' spaces near the doors, the bays were actually marked up with icons of vans, and are designated for van parking.

So I wonder, if i see a car parked there, and I have to park my van amongst the 'normal' cars, can I go up to the car driver and give them a dirty condescending look, or have a rant at them, and feel perfectly justified?

Well done Wickes.

dg

Reply to
dg

They should have BMW places at all stores - near the doors because BMW drivers are arrogant and flaunt any rules

Reply to
John

I guess that it will depend on whether mummy lets you out of your push chair or makes you sit on the naughty step.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Audi drivers are worse.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Yes but they are just fancy VWen; just like VWen are fancy Skodae.

Ask any driver in Italy - they know about rules. Traffic lights are more of a policy thing. They do give good hand signals as well, although I've never quite understood which manoeuvre is associated with the middle finger of the left hand.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Great idea! I think they have spotted the move to Get Someone In after the recent DIY boom. I heard somewhere that Wickes said their busy days used to be Saturday with the DIY crowd & now it's Monday with tradesmen.

Well done indeed. I'm getting to like Wickes more & more.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

In message , John writes

Not just BMWs. Last time I went to Wickes there was a WVM parked on the road outside and partly blocking the entrance. In the car park was a 4x4 (Shogun-sized, can't remember exactly what) parked skewed and using parts of four bays.

Reply to
Peter Twydell

What an idiotic thing to say.

(yes, I do drive a BMW)

Reply to
Grunff

No it means you can't park untill there is a free space wit a van logo. If you do so and there is an accident then you have breached the H&S laws by not using an appropriate bay and will face bankrupcy and a jail term.

Yes.

Reply to
dennis

And wear a hat? Or have a hat on the rear parcel shelf?

Beware volvos with hat wearers...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

When it's cold, I sometimes wear a fleece hat. I keep my parcel shelf clear.

Reply to
Grunff

They do at most places. The double yellow lines is what BMW drivers believe means they can right to park.

Reply to
mogga

Beware any vehicle driven by hat wearers ... particularly those yoof's with baseball caps up backwards!

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

... or even flout the rules.

Reply to
tinnews

Trilby hat wearers are the worst...

Reply to
Bob Eager

"I am in the middle of the road and there are two cars on each side of me"

Owain

Reply to
Owain

We already knew that

Reply to
John Buchanan OBE

Whilst I think this is an excellent idea its a pity they don't make all parking bays larger, rather like the local Costo. Given the bulky nature of a lot of their sales you need more room around you to avoid damaging other cars.

David - Milton Keynes

Reply to
David Klyne

"Bob Eager" typed

I haven't noticed a profusion of orthodox Jews at my local Wickes...

Reply to
Helen Deborah Vecht

Surely these spaces are to protect the normal folk from white van men?

Reply to
Tommy