dehumidifier

h which several people reported as breaking resulting in the unit flooding. Apparently it is ridiculously flimsy.

6.html

place by this:

es off an auto mode, which if the case if a stupid design decision. But its very hard to find out if this is true or just user error ...

hat you cannot have the dehumidifier mode without the air purifier being on , and I bet in auto mode the air purifier is always running, thus the fan.

The email response was:

Dear Simon

Sorry, you can not turn off the purifier. The fan have to turn on to purif y the air or to dehumidify air in where the unit is use.

With regards, Technical Team

Reply to
sm_jamieson

which several people reported as breaking resulting in the unit flooding. A pparently it is ridiculously flimsy.

ragile float switch does not matter so much.

Well I ordered an EBAC 2650E - good price from GO electrical. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

) and replace by this:

t switches off an auto mode, which if the case if a stupid design decision. But its very hard to find out if this is true or just user error ...

mplies that you cannot have the dehumidifier mode without the air purifier being on, and I bet in auto mode the air purifier is always running, thus t he fan.

ify the air or to dehumidify air in where the unit is use.

So its an excuse to save £1 by omitting a relay to turn the fan off. Usua lly access is easy enough that you could fit a fan relay, connecting the co il to the compressor feed. (Yes one could improve on that control algorithm , but it'll work fine indoors.)

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Ah yes. I noticed that tab after I'd sent that message yesterday! Yes, it swings about freely, and I can see how it works (!).

Noted. Thanks a lot. (Like I said at the start: the user guide leaves much to be desired, imho.)

John

Reply to
Another John