DECT phone recommendations please

The parents need new phones for the house. They need a base/ans phone + 2 additional handsets.

They currently have a Binatone Concept (2300, I think) - and it's rubbish - drop-outs, including on the wired base (???) and too difficult conference procedure.

In particular, they require/desire:

  1. ULTRA SIMPLE to use / set-up. No need for lots of features.

  1. After answering on one phone, they would like to be able to simply pick-up on another phone and join in the conversation - without a transfer process to go through. A "privacy" button is acceptable, but not necessary. The Binatone is rubbish in this regard. (It has a transfer and conference procedure to go through.

  2. A major name is preferred.

  1. Lowest price is not biggest priority - but within reason and good value.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Jim

We've just bought a Gigaset from Argos (A415A twin hanset) but they also do a triple handset. Seems easy enough to use and voicemails flash on handsets and base station and can be picked up from any.

Reply to
DavidP

My Gigaset N300A is a few years old and going strong, except for the rechargeable batteries - but they are just plain AAs so I could replace them...

Reply to
Tim Watts

^^^ AAAs - but NiMH, not NiCd luckily :)

Reply to
Tim Watts

Another vote for Siemens Gigaset. Having used Philips, Aldi's own and Daewoo, these are by far the best. Simple and intuitive to use.

Reply to
mike

Good experience of Gigaset here too.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

I have a few here and the best by far is a Panasonic from TLC. Present price is 65 plus vat for an answerphone triple pack. It just feels better made than the others - and uses standard cells as batteries.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

+1 We have a pair of Panasonic Dect phones here, apart from slight faffing about with the non-intuitive "shared" phone book* they have been trouble free.

I would much prefer that a single phone book was stored on the base station, not separate copies on each handset as they are on this model...

Reply to
Lee

Set of 3 Gigaset C300s have served us well for a few years now.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

I don't know how it matches up to your specific requirements, but BT have one out now that incorporates much of the "truecall" nuisance-call prevention technology.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

That's the base unit to which you can "pair" any of the Gigaset handsets, the feature set available can then get a bit confusing though. As, IIRC, some handset features reley on the base supporting them and vice versa.

I'm pleased with the call quality of our N300A IP either on POTS or on VOIP. We have A510 handsets, I wouldn't say they have the most intuative user interface but it's not awful. Don't use call transfer or conference so don't know how easy that is to do.

Before the Gigaset system was installed we had a Philips (POTS only), by comparison with te Gigaset it has very poor call quality, constant background noise together with modulation noise/digital artifacts.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Yes. I was complaining about sipgate the other week but I don;t get quality problems on the N300A - always on my mobile (even if WiFi is present)

Reply to
Tim Watts