decorators rates

I am a self employed painter and decorator (have been for about 5 years now) I have been given the opportunity to take on some large contracts and therefore have the opportunity to expand my workforce, my question would be what would a good decorators rate be? I would be putting them thru the books and everything would be above board, obviously I know what I charge and know how much I need to run the business but am curious as to weather or not it would be worth my while taking on the extra staff i.e.. if I had to pay them the same or only a bit more than I was to charge for the job, the extra work (and stress) on my part would not make it worth while, so basically what would a GOOD decorator expect to earn if he worked for a gaffer! for reference I earn about £100 per day and I live and work in the north west

Reply to
dave manchester