Decking with Pergoda

Was planning to stick a corner of decking with a Pergoda in the garden but the corner we had in mind is always watelogged and gets flooded when it rains heavy. What kind of foundations do I need to put down or should I get some sort of drainage sorted out first?

Reply to
Mario Lanza

is that a cross between a pergola and a pagoda?

in the garden

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

No it's a pergoda. I should know I only invented them today :-)

Reply to
Mario Lanza

Concrete's always good.

Drainage is always good, too.

Put the two together and the combination should be unbeatable.

(If you're only having one - shouldn't it be Pergodum?)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

best get on and invent the foundations then :)

Reply to
NikV

Suggest that you put down some black plastic dpm to control any plant growth under Then a simple concrete block such that the decking is above "flood" level and isolated with a dpm on top of the blocks which are laid on the ground at appropriate centres should be ample. Use Tanalith decking. Chris

Reply to
Chris George

No No No silly!

It'll be Pergodias

Might be a pergodix? who lknows with these new words

Its obviously a sort of shrine as in 'Per God a(d nauseam)'

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Keep the deck off the ground. Support it with 4 x 4 posts fixed with these imbedded in concrete

one bag of postfix per post.

Why does it get waterlogged? Is it at the bottom of a slope?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman