Decking Oil/Stain

Is there really any discernible difference between these? I've two-thirds finished a floating deck (on the river) using Ronseal Oil, but now am struggling to find more where I am. Plenty of the Stain version about though!

Cheers ... Mark

Reply to
Mark

Huge difference.

Oil, having smaller molecules, soaks in. Stain, being water based, sits on the surface; just waiting to blister & crack, then need sanding.

Oil can simply be re applied after cleaning.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Bugger. I'll have to go on looking!

Cheers ... Mark

Reply to
Mark

IME all decking oil is much the same. Avoid the 'decking oil & protector'.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman