De-furring aluminium ..?

Agreed, or simply take the tyre off, mount the bike on stands, get some emery cloth and let the wheel rev and use it as a sort of lathe... Oh it is the front wheel.

You will have to get someone else to spin it.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

lol

What would be *ideal* would be something like a very slow lathe (/ lathe geared right down).

'Spinning' 16 or 18" diameter of cast ally fast whist trying to wire brush it wouldn't be very easy / nice (this corrosion must be 1mm deep / thoick in places). I think turning it the speed of a tyre removal machine would still be too fast to be able to focus on the worst bits?

Once cleaned of corrosion a slightly faster spin with some wet-n-dry to give it a nice smoothe finish would be nice ;-)

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Look, I don't know why you think "we had an agreement that you didn't reply to any of my posts?" (as if). I've haven't "got it in for you" or anything like that. Try looking at these posts from another angle. I can't help you more than that.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

If you support the wheel on the axle (or even leave it on the bike) you can use a wire brush in an electric drill, which will turn the wheel. Slow the bike wheel with your shoe or knee.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Could do .. but for what it's probably gonna take to do the job a few rotations of it held in the workmate will probably have to do (and be easier to control / apply effort etc).

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

You said previously:

"You've already said you have a tubed tyre. There's no problem with tubed tyres on that thing. I don't know why you've apparently a chip on your shoulder - I assume it's my fault, again. Anyway, in lieu of apologies, I put it to you that if you aren't penny pinching on this, your best recourse is to have the wheel re-built with NOS wheels and brand-new matching fronts & rear covers, and make sure any work is done by a five-star rated establishment with gold-plating facilities."

Please explain ?

T i m

Reply to
T i m