Darwin award AND Selfie of the Year?

The Natural Philosopher

More proof of how brain dead Yanks are. She probably thought it was a theme park.

Reply to
harryagain

Seems to be a combination of ignoring instructions to keep windows closed, getting too close and a lion in a bad mood!

We've been within 5M of a group of seven lionesses in an open Land Rover on Masai Mara and they took no interest in our presence at all. We did have a guide with a rifle sitting next to us...

Wonder where I got that from?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I don't read it for its political opinions however.

And there isnt much woolly right non-thinking knee-jerk bigotry regurgitation, in a story about a woman being eaten by a lion.

And only a complete dweeb like you, could make such an assertion.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Right. Who do you blame for your rancid views, then?

And a story about Brits claiming benefits abroad is

"the epitome of woolly left non-thinking knee-jerk bigotry regurgitation"

then?

Only the likes of you would make an assumption I read *any* newspaper.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

the ones you really have to worry about are those that have learned to open the can

CB

African-lion.html

We trundled to within 3m of a resting lioness and her mate. Lazing in the sun. Then the male decided to yawn ... everyone in the jeep took a step back.

When were you in the Mara ? There was a no guns policy when I went. And if you read the history of the Mombassa railway, you'll know one man with a rifle is nothing against a lion.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Yes.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

1975 or so. And in 1972 I came within a nubbin of getting beaten up by Kenyatta's bodyguard.
Reply to
Tim Streater

Really? What makes you think that one man with a rifle is nothing against a lion?

Reply to
Richard

/1975 or so. And in 1972 I came within a nubbin of getting beaten up by Kenyatta's bodyguard./q

Is that why you post under 2 pseudonyms?

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

I don't post under any pseudonyms. You're nodding off - again. And you still need to learn how to quote.

Reply to
Tim Streater

/I don't post under any pseudonyms. You're nodding off - again. /q

Always on the cards when you're involved....

So you didn't post this?-

"Seems to be a combination of ignoring instructions to keep windows closed, getting too close and a lion in a bad mood!

We've been within 5M of a group of seven lionesses in an open Land Rover on Masai Mara and they took no interest in our presence at all. We did have a guide with a rifle sitting next to us..."

And then answer follow up questions from jethro? How very odd?

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

No. Are you nodding off even worse than I thought?

Are these questions or statements?

That the question "When were you in the Mara?" wasn't addressed to me is interesting but irrelevant.

Reply to
Tim Streater

/No. Are you nodding off even worse than I thought?

Are these questions or statements?

That the question "When were you in the Mara?" wasn't addressed to me is interesting but irrelevant./q

Oh so you just jumped in midthread and answered Jethros questions of F.... after serious snipping of course...

All so you could wave your small dick about 'bein in the mara' and bragging about some henchman...??

Figures, ya wanker.

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

Same here - the Landrover didn't have any window glass, and only a canvass roof. We were very strictly told not to lean out or hold anything out. The animals were well used to the Landrovers, and you are just part of the Landrover unless you lean out and make yourself obvious.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Arises from reading boys adventure books in the 1950s. Modern weapons are far more deadly.

Reply to
harryagain

No roof, no glass on ours and, yes, keep any bits you want to go home with inside the vehicle!