Darwin Award

I could not give a shit.

Reply to
ARW

2 Megs at 500V in a wet bath. ffs.
Reply to
ARW

I have a travel iron that works on that electrode heater principle.

It killed me last year, I'm now a ghost.

urm, the friendly ghost, I'm kinda related :-)

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

proficency,

Agree with that as well. Our kids learnt the (mostly controlled) hard way about hot, cold, sharp, etc. Saying "hot don't touch" and stopping kid touching the hot thing doesn't teach anything. "Hot, don't touch" "I told you it was hot" teaches an awful lot more than what hot is. It teaches that a warning is given for a reason, that parent isn't going to wrap 'em in cotton wool, so pay heed to what parent says. Obviously if the hot object was hot enough to cause more than minor injury they'd be stopped but there is nothing like a bit of pain or cut finger to teach ...

The hardest part of parenting is being consistent(*), not threating something that you can't carry through and never ever give in to a tantrum in fact a tantrum ought to be ignored as almost any attention is a "reward" as far as the kid is concerned.

(*) That's across both parents as the little beggers will play one against the other.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

The few hundred *thousand* ohms I said is though.

Reply to
dennis

I've heard they don't earth the pipes in barthrooms in france so it's not a problem as deaths are caused when the curent goes through the water to earth.

probbly on wiki somewhere.

Reply to
whisky-dave

An honest, straight to the point response. Saves any further pointless discussion over the matter of VVS. :-)

Reply to
Johnny B Good

Just got back from Spain. Hotel bathroom had a power outlet very close to the hand basin (for electric shaver?) - but more interestingly, a network socket beside the WC.

Reply to
charles

near us there's a sign before a bend saying "Max 50mph". The road itself has a 50mph limit.

Reply to
charles

En el artículo , charles escribió:

Same here, but at least it smells nice.

Yes, the hand dryer is plugged into that socket.

Taken by me last December.

:)

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson