Damp Proofing Result

heh ok

Reply to
meow2222

If you want to know whether it exists or not look at my extension, quoins built of Milton Hall (soft) red bricks. Those below dpc level (i.e. damp) are starting to disintegrate, those above dpc are perfectly sound.

As to the efficacy of injection I suspect that the cure is as much to do with the waterproof rendering and lowering ground levels outside.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

I tend to agree, but here we're talking about an interior wall. I'm no fan of dpc injections but I can't see what else is going to cure this particular problem.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

I wouldn't presume to be any kind of authority on lime. I haven't stood over a bath of calcium oxide in my goggles and crash helmet, but I can argue the toss with you on a theoretical level because, to me, what you're saying doesn't make sense. If you don't know the answers, that's fine. Just say so. As with all these discussions, you hope someone *will*

Reply to
Stuart Noble

so no contribution, no reading up on the subject, just another incapable attempt at mind reading. Good night.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

heh ok indeed another of your gems "the DPC is the same level as your floorboards BTW" If ever you get tired of scientifically theorising and stick your head below some floorboards you may notice the fact of were the DPC is in reality. Credibility rating re newsgroup damp advice..Zero

-
Reply to
Mark

I have read up, and to me it doesn't add up. Like all crusaders you don't like being questioned

Reply to
Stuart Noble

no idea where you got that from. OK now I have, theres only one google hit: Phil L wrote it.

Try and get something right.

NT

Reply to
meow2222