Daft ?? about tiles in the bog

I just started renovating the bog and find that the BATH/SHOWER tiles are hung on what appears to be vinyl wallpaper. They all seem to be reasonably secure and the grout is still good. I am , of course, going to change them to a more modern design and I like the idea of no wall damage when I remove the old ones. Now the question---Is hanging bath/shower tiles on wallpaper a good idea or is this just a "fluke" from the past that has somehow survived for 15 or so years. Any comments gratefully recieved. Cheers--Jim

Reply to
JimP

Fluke.

Think about it - in effect that your shower tiles are being held up by waterproof tile cement and grout, but by wallpaper paste.

David

Reply to
Lobster

^ NOT

:-)

Reply to
Rob Morley

Indeed, well spotted Rob...!

Reply to
Lobster

I can go for that--I do prefer that my toes aren't chopped off by a falling tile--Do have to wonder how it's lasted so long though. Thanks for the tip.

Reply to
JimP