Daewoo fridge/freezer

Hi all

I've got a Daewoo (ERF-340A) fridge/freezer combo and it leaks half a cup of water once per 24 hours.

The leak is always at the front of the freezer and switches between front left and front right.

It only does it once per 24 hours! Not on a continuous basis.

It's a no-frost/multiflow type.

Please help me understand the problem/find a solution as it's already warped

5 planks of laminate flooring and it driving my crakers!!

Thnx

Matt

Reply to
MP

That's probably the clue. Many no-frost fridge/freezers do a defrost cycle every 24 hours. Typically there is a tube going from some internal location at or near the evaporator (probably at the back somewhere) which carries the water from the defrost to a tray of some kind fitted over the compressor at the back outside. The heat from that evaporates the water. If the tube becomes blocked for any reason, then the symptoms will be as you describe - water drips down insde the cabinet and out.

The blockage is likely to be some piece of food or crud either at the top or bottom. Try to find the tube and clear the blockage.

You can fix that permanently by getting shot of the laminate :-)

Reply to
Andy Hall