Freezer not working... Fridge fine

My freezer has stopped working but my fridge is working fine. I have a frigidaire side by side. The freezer makes a light humming sound every 30-45 seconds that lasts about 10 seconds. I unplugged the fridge/freezer overnight and the freezer started to work once I plugged it back in. Unfortunately it stopped working again a few hours later. Should I unplug it for a longer period of time? Does anyone have any insights?

Thanks,

Keith

Reply to
turtle

Odds are it's the defrost element in the freezer.

Reply to
TOM KAN PA

Thee is a fan that distributes the air between the two compartments. It may be going bad or already bad. Check it out. Be sure the path between is not iced up also.

Check for info a

and

Edwin Pawlowski

sounds like a bad defrost timer any loud pops or bangs besides the hum.

Reply to
PoCambo

Does it have an ice maker? Unplug the ice maker from the inside of the freezer compartment...

Reply to
HeatMan

Hi,

Sure the freezer waking that hummmmmm noises? A compressor clicking on and off can do that.

*Some* common trouble makers.

Model#, approx age?

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

Hi,

Sure the freezer is making that hummmmmm noises? A compressor clicking on and off can do that.

*Some* common trouble makers.

Model#, approx age?

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff