D-I-Y: Stupid FedEx

I want to send some official papers to the US, and have them signed for. FedEx was recommended as a suitable carrier.

I went to the FedEx website, entered the basic information, asking for a Monday ship date, and was quoted £78 for the delivery. But it said that I could open an account, and save 40%. I remembered that I used to have a FedEx account in the US, so I logged in with that, and was then quoted US$137 for the same job. Huh? That was not only not a 40% discount, but was actually more in cost. OK, so I tried to open a new account here in the UK, as the old one was clearly of no use any more. When it got to the point of entering my address, it was fixated on the address of a similarly named construction company in the same road, and all attempts to enter my own address resulted every time in the form being blanked out for me to start again. And again. And again. Also, a new attempt to get a quote, without an account, resulted in the same quote of £78, for delivery on Wednesday, with an option for a later delivery on Friday, for £94. Huh? again. Of course, the Chatbot was less than useless, I felt like reaching into the monitor and trying to strangle it.

I might just try Royal Mail, at least I can get Proof of Posting.

This is boring. I still have not got the shipment arranged. Luckily, there is plenty of time, which I might just need. Time for a beer, I think.

Reply to
Davey