Cutting up old steel water-tank

More importantly - eye protection - I would suggest. Dust and noise are only secondary dangers.

Pete

Peter Stockdale

Plasma cutter. Excellent way to do it if you have one, might even be worth hiring one. The spark hazard is no worse than an angle grinder, although I'd wear a mask against the zinc fume.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Iron or steel ? I've had lead tanks, I've had slate tanks, but I've never seen an iron one. Cast iron or sheet ? If it's rolled sheet wrought iron, please get in touch - I'm buying !

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Sorry, I really meant steel or more precisely 1/8" galvanised mild steel sheet, riveted together.

Reply to
Ed Sirett