Cutting fibreboard 12mm

What's the best way?
The original sheet was cut by saw, but is there an alternative way for cutting out a small sheet 3ft x 2ft?

I'm not sure, I've only cut 12mm fibreboard Yoda.

Yes.
Cheers, T i m
On 31/07/2020 20:10, Fredxx wrote:

Do you mean fibreboard? 12mm will cut with a Stanley knife.
Straight or curved cuts?
On 01/08/2020 11:57:24, newshound wrote:

Straight cuts.
I did try a Stanley knife and while it scored the surface I wasn't confident it wouldn't be "pinched" as the blade got deeper.
This is the stuff: https://www.wickes.co.uk/STS-Construction-Board-1200-x-800-x-12mm/p/225437

Oh, 'cement fibreboard', not 'pin / notice board fibreboard' (what many people might think if you just say 'fiberboard' and without any context of the suggestion of usage).
I've used an old panel saw and jigsaw for curves.
Cheers, T i m
On 01/08/2020 13:57:46, T i m wrote:

Sorry for the confusion.
It seems that cement fibreboard blades for circular saws have few teeth, on the basis there is less dust.
I will probably use a conventional TCT blade making sure I'm upwind from the dust cloud.
On 01/08/2020 14:37, Fredxx wrote:

I think that would probably be OK. Don't use too much force. The thinner 6mm stuff is OK with a hardpoint panel saw, but I guess would be harder work with 12 mm. You could probably score and snap 6mm with care and a suitable tool (TCT manual tile cutter would be better than Stanley knife), I wouldn't try that with 12mm.