Cutting copper pipes in corners

Hi all,

What's the best approach to this? When a pipe is so tight in a corner you can't even get a pipe slice around it? I can only think of using a dremel with a minature cutting disk on it. Any suggestions?

Reply to
orion.osiris

A multi-tool is better.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

can't even get a pipe slice around it? I can only think of using a dremel with a minature cutting disk on it. Any suggestions?

You won't get right through the pipe with a dremel disc - it's too small.

Much better to use a multi-tool (Fein, etc) with a blade for cutting soft metals.

Reply to
Roger Mills

blade with a crank will cut into a corner and flash with a surface if you need to.

Reply to
John Rumm

can't even get a pipe slice around it? I can only think of using a dremel = with a minature cutting disk on it. Any suggestions?

Angle grinder? :-)

Hacksaw blade wrapped in tape to make a handle.

Reply to
harry

I've used a wire saw for exactly this situation before. The pipe in questio= n not only being right in a corner but also flanked by other pipes either s= ide.

The wire saw worked well, but I wouldn't particularly look forward to doing= it again. That said, this thing was =A33 or so off eBay so perhaps better = quality ones might perform better (faster).

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton

even get a pipe slice around it? I can only think of using a dremel with a minature cutting disk on it. Any suggestions?

Multitool with universal blade, will slice copper like butter.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon