Cutting a 50 x 50 square on a CNC router (Boxford)

At work we have a Boxford A3HSRi2. I only use it about twice a year. I cut out a shape for a mate lately, and it was quite a faff. If I can cut a square, I should be set to cut anything. There is a drawing package in with the software. My present method to cut a 50mm square would be to draw a square that has 53 mm sides, set the line thickness to 6mm (the diameter of the tool) and cut it out. There must be a way to draw the square the actual size and get the tool to cut round it? Any pointers?

thank you

Reply to
misterroy

I think the normal approach is to design what size and shape you actually want, and then the "CAM" part of the process should be given enough information to take into account things like tool path sequences and key sizes etc when it generates the G code sent to the tool.

Reply to
John Rumm