Customers - banging my head against a brick wall!

Our bath is narrow at the tap end, and wide at the other end. This makes it have less space around your feet and more near your fat... errr... shoulders. But the shower is at the wide end, not that tap end. And it was all fitted in one go - there was no shower in there until we had a complete refit. No grippy bits at either end.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

When I installed a new bath I turned it 180 so as to get this layout. Much easier to clean when the shower drippings aren't falling all over and round the taps.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Ditto me.

I wanted to be able to lie with my haed NOT at teh tap end looking out te window, so that meant te tapos under the window..and there was no way to pu a shower vbracket ON the window, so it went the other end.

Its all worked out very well, as I can use the shower at the round end to wash the cat crap down to the plughole. They seem to use that bath as an alternate sandbox. For reasons which totally escape me..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Of course it will then be your fault that she hits her head against the wall when lying back for a soak whereas (unless the bath is in an alcove) there is at present some free space behind. Maybe you can convince her that a bath mat is the way to go.

Chris

Reply to
chrisj.doran

So now that you have to extend the waste pipe by 6 foot - will you have to increase the height of the bath to maintain the gradient on the waste?

Mark.

Reply to
mark.hannah

IME baths usually have a shallower slope opposite to the tap end. I remember slipping up when trying to shower at the "wrong" end because I was climbing the slope trying to get near enough to the shower.

M.

Reply to
Mark

And in my old place. It would have been difficult to fix a shower to the window at the tap end.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

In that case, it's the customers fault as you have done as you were asked:

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q