Curing and splitting wood for burning

The message from The Natural Philosopher contains these words:

Yep.

146m. Great Chishill Grid ref. TL 428384

Looking at the 1:25000 on get-a-map the exact point doesn't appear to warrant a spot height but the highest contour on offer is 145m.

Reply to
Roger

I know its OT but I couldn't agree more, my sister had the op and was in such pain after that she had it done again after which she was worse and pleading with them to remove her leg (hers being the same problem in her lower back, but apparently removing the leg would not have removed the pain) now recovering from her third operation and life seems to be getting better and she is nearly back to the pain levals she lived with before the first op! In her case the original bad back was not caused by gardening but it has certainly restricted her ability to garden. (feeble attempt to get back on topic!)

Reply to
Charlie Pridham

I've missed a lot of this but if you have a back condition where you can actually move then it's pilates pilates pilates. "Cured" me (symptom free) of a bad back and dodgey hip.

Reply to
adder1969

I am very glad that it helped you. But that is *not* universal advice to be followed. Partner gets worse if she does anything like pilates (and she has tried).

Reply to
Rod

more general answer than Roger's!)

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

The message from Andy Champ contains these words:

I was quoting from the original book by Alan Dawson. I tend to forget that the information is now available on-line.

Reply to
Roger

I have similar things that come and go -- and thanks be, go for a lot of the time;!..

BTW read today on the Ceefax news that theres an upsurge in cases of Gout in the US of A, seems to be caused by too many sugary fizzy drinks wrong sort of fructose..

Not directly to do with osteophytes or bone spurs, but all part 'n parcel of the arthritic parcel of problems we have to endure;!....

BTW there is a news group uk.people.support.artertits but its a very low post rate group..

And some there are -very- afflicted by this awful condition:(.

Some would love to be able to walk around in the garden, let alone tend it..

Reply to
tony sayer

In article , Roger scribeth thus

It seems strange that theres a bit of Cambs higher then Suffolk but its almost into Essex!..

Reply to
tony sayer

The message from tony sayer contains these words:

Only about 2 miles and 1 metre in height separate the 2 County high points.

And it is almost in to Hertfordshire as well but the high point of Hertfordshire is rather higher and further away.

Curiious point I overlooked originally. As I said before the 1:25000 doesn't have a 146m spot height for the highest point in Cambridgeshire. However the 1:50000 does, but just outside the area enclosed by the 245m contour ring on the larger scale map.

Reply to
Roger

I'm not surprised if that's what they called it. :)

There are 9 groups on news containing "arthri" in the title on my server, a couple even mention "spondy".

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

I am indebted to my 'learned friend for pointing out that my mind was clearly on another newsgroup;)...

Reply to
tony sayer

im thinking of fitting underfloor vents to my woodburners, which should stop draughts coming in through doors and windows, but arent they meant to be able to be closed when the fires not on, and the chimney cleverly muffled, so there is a lot less draughts and heat loss?

Reply to
George (dicegeorge)

I am not sure that they are "meant to be" but mine have a rotating brass wheel that makes them open or shut, I put them in when I was renevating the Chimney but with the wood burning (which like most has doors) I have never had them open as there are no drafts

Reply to
Charlie Pridham

Depends No one says you have to. Ours gets plant pots over em in summer..;-)

Plugging chimneys is fine, if you CAN.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher