Ctek clone battery charger button replacement?

I was talking to a mate tonight and he mentioned he had an older Aldi / Ctek clone type charger where the button had stopped working (so he couldn't even put in into 12V mode). ;-(
Is it very likely it's just a small pushbutton SM switch (I seem to remember reading here people had replaced said on theirs ... Dave P?) and are they typically the same thing (size / spec) across most models?
eg, If I get one (10) on order, what should it be or should I wait till I get it and order from there?
I have a fair few bits of old kit that has the little square momentary switches that the switches would be unused (or never carried any real current) that I could probably desolder if it wasn't that critical?
I'm assuming a single pole, push to make / momentary?
Cheers, T i m

This is what I bought. Worked perfectly since. (6x6mm) That is, 6mm square, 6 mm length.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261722185591
Tim
--
Please don't feed the trolls

Oops. Forget the 6mm length. Just check what the old one is. My order doesn’t actually list the length that I bought.
Tim
--
Please don't feed the trolls

<snip> >> https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261722185591

So I would have to wait to get the charger in my hands before ordering.

Yeah, that is frustrating but I can normally find reference to it somewhere, either in the buying history or confirmation emails.
I guess if it's just rubber, you could get the longer one and trim to size?
Cheers, T i m

Thanks for that.
So was your original switch through hole?
Cheers, T i m

Yes (if you’re referring to its PCB fixing). Easy to replace.
Tim
--
Please don't feed the trolls

<snip> >>> https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261722185591

Yes, I was, as I saw a repair video that looked like it had a surface mounted switch.

Cool, nothing more rewarding than an excuse to use the powered desoldering station: ;-)
https://cpc.farnell.com/duratool/d00672/desoldering-station-uk-eu-plug/dp/SD01384
OK, for many many years I used the mechanical sucker type and / or braid but the mechanical pump is much more gentle on the PCB and something that I wish I'd got sooner (although I got mine s/h / not working and fixed it). ;-)
Cheers, T i m

Generally with a component you know is scrap, it can make sense to snip it off using decent sharp cutters. Then remove the leg remains one by one. For through hole, obviously.
--
*Never test the depth of the water with both feet.*

See my other post. I was mistaken about the length. It’s not listed in my order email.
Tim
--
Please don't feed the trolls

I found a selection box of tactile switches on Ebay and bought a couple of them. They had a suitable one for the Lidl charger. Think I had to trim the push button down a bit - it's plastic so easy to cut.
They're all 4 contact. Didn't check to see what it actually was, as it worked. ;-)
--
*Hang in there, retirement is only thirty years away! *