CTEK charger

I have a useful CTEK MXS5 smart charger Great for leaving batteries on charge at all timed as it gives correct float charger.

I managed to pull wires out of teh 2 pole plug ..... into which you plug the various connection type ... cigarette plug, croc clips etc.

This plug is one I have not seen elsewhere - anybody found a source of these ? CTEK don't sell them as spares.

Reply to
rick

Cut off connector and short length of connecting wire and join into your pulled out wires?

part number 56-304

Reply to
alan_m

Likely easier to change both the connectors for a different type where you can buy spares. Plastic body 3 pin XLRs are pretty cheap and will handle 5 amps OK. But you could look in CPC etc for a suitable low voltage connector that is easy to fit.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Torberry connectors are excellent for this sort of application.

Chris Green

Was trying to get the in-lin connector (female) as the lead is attached to the charger. If I buy pre-made lead then I have to cut off one-end and introduce a joint .... maybe I will have to go that rout.

Reply to
rick

It's a thought .... just that there are a number of items with that plug .... terminals to an installed 12V winch battery ... cable with cigarette type plug of the end ... cable with 2 x battery croc clips on the end

Reply to
rick

If the supplied connector has failed once, it might do so again?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

CTEK claim that the connector is unique to them so if you cannot get a replacement from them then the other solutions are to cut off the plug from an CTEK extension lead and join wires or replace all connectors with something different.

Reply to
alan_m

In case its of use for anybody else .... CTEK wont sell spare plugs and also do not offer repair service.

Found the cheapest solution .... instead of an extension lead (~£15) I found a CTEK short tail adapter (£7)- and soldered that on and used a gluelined heat-shrink to protect each core and an overall piece to protect thejoint physically.

rick