Criss - crossy Stuff ...

Anyone know where to get that criss-crossy stuff that you bury into grass areas that are likely to get driven over, or even what it's properly called ? I have a slightly odd shaped drive with some grass alongside it, and in order to get my car parked, the front wheels just swing across the curved edge of that grass as you straighten back up. Each year, a bit more of the underlying soil disappears, and I guess that the 'hole' created is now a good couple of inches below the edge of the tarmac drive, which is itself finished with concrete edgers.
Not a huge problem, but just looks a bit scruffy, as the grass is always worn away just there.
TIA
Arfa

Dunno - but this may help
http://www.pavingexpert.com/grasspav.htm

Thanks John. Useful link.
Arfa
On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 13:49:38 +0100, Arfa Daily wrote:

summat like this: http://tinyurl.com/mt6s4z I believe you can get harder wearing versions from other places

Oddly enough, it is called grass protection mesh or grass reinforcement mesh.
http://www.boddingtons-ltd.com/forestry/grassprotecta-grass-reinforcement-mesh.htm
http://the-plant-directory.co.uk/grass-protection-mesh-pavors-c-201.html?sort:&page=1
Colin Bignell

Out of idle curiosity, can one use cut off milk crates?
NT

Out of idle curiosity, can one use cut off milk crates?
NT
What a bloody excellent idea ! It's only a small area that's affected, and that might just be the perfect answer !
Thanks to all the other pointers from other respondents. Appreciated.
Arfa