Crikey. We have a little gas capacity left

Are many, non-leisure business's shut? Work, if you can't work from home, is one of the reasons for leaving your home.

There hasn't be a great drop off in daytime demand this week like there was at the end of March.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

so did we before North Sea gas came on-line.

Reply to
charles

That's why they want consumers on smart meters - they can pass that cost on immediately. And people think it's about monthly billing being accurate, and a gee-whiz! remote display.

Reply to
Spike

France has/had quite a lot of coal in the North East region, but it wasn't of particularly good quality (but probably better than the lignite crap that Poland and Germany burn)

Reply to
Andrew

Still does, it would seem

Andrew
15 foot snowdrifts make for quite a good igloo when piled up around your house though.

me and my friends walked 2.5 miles each way to school, up and down a long steep road that was sheet ice (no buses running).

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

what does TOTLY stand for please?

Reply to
No Name

It's what the Welsh windbag used to say. Y'know, utly and totly.

Reply to
Tim Streater

£2750 peak price today.
Reply to
Andy Burns

You are f****ng kidding me.. £2.70 a unit!

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Where you chaps seeing these spot prices, BTW?

Scope for another dial/graph on GridWatch, I'd say.

Reply to
Tim Streater

And a few minutes ago (just after pumped hydro ran out?) it reached £4000

current

historic

Andy Burns

looks like it peaked at £4000/MWh yesterday = £4 a unit.

Thank you Princess NutNutz

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Isn't harming the Drax share price though

Reply to
Andrew

+1
Reply to