Crap flush

Hi,

I've recently had my toilet replaced, and the flush is a bit crap, which is ironic considering that's often what it leaves me with.

There seem to be a few problems with it. Firstly, the flush handle is awfully wobbly, but if I tighten it then the handle doesn't return to the "up" position after flushing. Sometimes this happens anyway, and it seems to be because the plunger thingy that gets pulled up by the handle isn't that eager to drop back down.

The flush itself isn't that convincing either: instead of being a strong whoosh of water, the main body of the flush is followed by a pathetic two-second dribble. I've read elsewhere that modern cisterns can be adjusted to give more than a six-litre flush, but mine has a sticker on the top reading "6 LITRE MAXIMUM FLUSH". The tank doesn't empty all the way when it flushes either; it seems to go down to about a third. There's a line marked on the tank with a "6", presumably 6 litres, and it does fill more-or-less to that point.

Any advice greatly appreciated! Apologies for my lack of technical language, I can post pictures if it would help!

Cheers

- Ian

Reply to
Ian Chard

Get the person who replaced it to come back and do the job you paid them to do.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Is it dual flush - Have you tried keeping the handle held down until it stops?

Reply to
John

The ideal solution but unfortunately hassle-full. I'd have to arrange to be in the house to receive him, convince him there's a problem, and potentially go through this iteration several times. If it's something simple and I can do it myself, I'd rather do it in my own time and maybe learn something along the way.

- Ian

Reply to
Ian Chard

This doesn't seem to make any difference -- sometimes the handle sticks down anyway.

- Ian

Reply to
Ian Chard