Cracked DG window frame - solution ?

OK the obvious solution is replacement, but a temporary solution is required.

My daughter's house has a damp wall immediately under the upstairs bathroom window. The silicone round the window has been renewed, but the damp has continued. I took a look yesterday and spotted that the frame under the opening section of the window has cracked at the bottom hinge point. The crack neatly lines up with the seal on the window so water is being wicked into the crack.

The whole window will need replacing but a temporary repair is required in the meantime to stop further water ingress which is now affecting the kitchen downstairs. Any suggestions bearing in mind that anything with any thickness with stop the openable window shutting.

Thanks Rob

Reply to
robgraham

How temporary? Vaseline or similar grease will keep the water out, but will make repair difficult is you want to try glue later.

Reply to
dennis

Could do with a photo - but taking a guess:

How about drilling a 8mm hole near the crack and injecting expanding PU foam to fill the entire of the frame void in the locality to the crack?

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim Watts

Run a clean soldering iron along the crack?

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker