Coupling for 22mm copper gas pipe

Hi there, I have a gas fire all ready to install, the pipes are all in place but I don't have a couple/coupling for the 22mm copper pipe and I'm not sure what one to buy. Can I use compression ones?

The termination that is on the mains 22mm pipe just now is a threaded stop. Will I need to buy a threaded couple to connect to that?

Thanks for any advice

PS can I use this?

gooshto

With all respect what you want is a Gasfitter ( Corgi) .

Reply to
NOSPAMnet

gooshto coughed up some electrons that declared:

a look here: I think you'll find an answer.

't want to comment myself because the only gas I've ever done is butane pipework on a caravan; given most of it was under the caravan and there were an abundance of wall and floor vents, it was probably the least risky gas job in the world.

Please take note of the testing procedures - a manometer and leak detector spray are so cheap there's no excuse for not getting them even for a small job.

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

in all cases, and you haven't given enough information for anyone to answer you.

Sorry but the level of your question indicates you need to get a CORGI gas installer to do it.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Leaving aside the pipework for a minute, what do you mean that your gas fire is "all ready to install"? What sort of flue does it have? How has the flue been checked (visually and functionally)? What sort of termination is there to the flue? How is the fire to be fitted into the fireplace? How about catchment space? What about ventilation?

If you don't know what any and all of the above means it suggests that you are not competent to install this fire and therefore it would be against the law for you to try to do so. No disrespect to you, but natural gas has the capacity to produce poisonous Carbon Monoxide gas and/or to cause explosions if you disrespect it.

Reply to
YAPH