cosmetic fireplace tiling

Hi,

I have a fireplace in a bedroom that I want to retile. The hearthstone is already tiled flush with the adjacent floorboards but the back I have fitted is bigger than this.

What I want is some thin non-flammable material to put down over the existing tiles and boards to tile over. It is unlikely ever to be used for a fire, but I would like to be confidant that it wouldn't catch some future user unawares.

Also, can anyone suggest where I can get a 16" fireback.

thanks

dan

Reply to
Dan Smithers