correct name for single ended flourescent fittings?

I've seen flourescent lights that consist of nothing more than a tube, with the ballast in line with the flourescent tube and hidden wiring to the other end of the flourescent tube. The mains wire enters at the ballast end.

What are these called. I've googled for "single ended flourescent", "self contained flourescent fitting" and "tubular flourescent fitting". I've tried "luminaire" instead of "fitting"

Does anyone know a better name to search for or a retail source?

Reply to
Jan Wysocki

Try "single ended fluorescent". :-)

(Google actually tried to correct the spelling for me.)

Reply to
Rod
[snip, looking for a product]

Doh! Thanks, I must have been half asleep. However, they're still thin on the ground. I'm looking for longer tubes, more than 11W and not folded.

Reply to
Jan Wysocki

(b) Mr Resistor.

Reply to
Bolted

Graham.

My local Westfield Shopping Hell had vertically hanging coloured ones for the recent Winter Fest.

Reply to
John

Ryness have had them hanging in their shop windows, but I can't find them on their web pages.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I think they may have had a sleeve which held the wires to the bottom end. The sleeves were coloured.

Reply to
John

They may even have been cold cathode tubes. They are often built up like this.

Reply to
mick

B&Q Tuarek blue or yellow thought seen green instore ,

Adam Aglionby