Cordless Window Vacuum

Anyone got experience of the currently-available-at-Lidl SILVERCREST 3.7V Cordless Window Vacuum?
I have been surprised at some of the positive comments about the Karcher product - is this very much an also-ran or competitor?
At £19.99 it is a lot less expensive...
--
Rod

On Tue, 08 Apr 2014 20:55:56 +0100, polygonum wrote:

WTF is a "Window Vacuum"? Surely to clean windows you want a bucket, warm water, drop of detergent, a cloth and only minor elbow grease.
Wanders off to Lidl site, ah, well if you are daft enough to get that much foam on your windows... Mind you a squegie and cloth will clear that.
--
Cheers
Dave.
On 08/04/2014 22:46, Dave Liquorice wrote:

I am sure I have seen mention of the competitor here, or is my memory failing? Indeed, I thought I had read quite positive comments - though I was at the time somewhat surprised.
http://www.karcher.co.uk/uk/Products/Home__Garden/Window_Vac.htm
Lots of comments on the Amazon listing:
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
--
Rod

polygonum wrote:

I have the karcher one, of course you don't want huge volumes of foam like the Lidl advert, the karcher liquid is not foamy at all, the window vac sucks the water in via a slit in a pair of rubber lips rather than squeegeeing it off onto the window cill, this is effective at leaving a dry, smear-free window.
On Wed, 09 Apr 2014 20:44:25 +0100, Andy Burns

bucket,

grease.

that

clear

memory

foam

window

than

leaving a

+1
On Tue, 08 Apr 2014 22:46:27 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"

Electronic counter-countermeasures?
--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
On Tuesday, April 8, 2014 10:55:56 PM UTC+3, polygonum wrote:

This is definitely a competitor! Having trouble getting my husband to put it down!
The mind bugles....
Jim K
I just bought one today . It leaves a lot of marks on the mirror . For me it's useless . I tried to clean the mirror with it like 5 times and finally I had to clean it the old way :(
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in

What is "like" 5 times? Perhaps 4 times and then once more?
Actually, , these sort of solutions looking for a problem are often not up to the job. Its a bit like the Ktal and such of yeesteryear. Sunds like a neat idea but seldom works. the point is witth a window vac, you tend to get straight line smears, and the eye, as I reacall is very sensitive to regular structures and patterns. However when you use a traditional method you swirl and do not leave straight lines. Brian
--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"DerbyBorn" < snipped-for-privacy@Nearhome.com> wrote in message
Decent queegee, chamois , tiny amount of detergent some practice...
Ever see a pro window cleaner using a window vac, windolene or any of the other wondow cleaning snake oil...?

Quite. No different to washing a car. Wash the dirt off with 'soapy' water, rinse with clean, and chamois dry. A decent chamois is the secret to a smear free finish.
--
*Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

I think glass needs "conditioning" to the cleaning method. I imagine that residues from other regimes interfere a bit with new methods. Likewise, the rubber of a squeegee could be a bit greasy. It took me ages to be able to clean a patio door glass properly - it was as if there was a film from the manufacturing process that had made it a bit oily.
On Saturday, April 25, 2015 at 5:11:47 PM UTC+1, DerbyBorn wrote:

For that either use a chamois or a scrim cloth:
(Amazon.com product link shortened)

Which one did you buy? My Karcher is fine on mirrors, but I see that a lot of cheap imitations are coming onto the market.
--
Cheers,
Roger