Cordless Drills

How much do I need to spend to get a decent cordless drill. One where the battery isn't completely f***ed after a year or two. I just want it to drill holes, I can use a screw driver. I happened to be in Costco and they were anything from £150 to £250. Surely they are good ones for less than that.

Kevin

Reply to
Zen83237

Titan. But better to spring the extra for makita etc

NT

Reply to
Tabby

Loads of good deals around. SF and BQ have Hitachi for £90, Makita, DeWalt & Blue Bosch for under £100

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

£100-ish
Reply to
John Stumbles

If I was buying now, I'd go for

've got Makita stuff which is brilliant - but that price for a blue bosch with Li-Ion is pretty good IMO.

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

Hi Kevin,

Certainly not the 'cheaper' end, but I absolutely swear by (not at) my Panasonic combi drill/driver. I made the switch from Makita gear about 2 years ago and have absolutely no problem with it, and I have tested it to the max! I was sold on it when I went into TooledUp in Enfield and the guy told me to drill into the concrete floor of their warehouse with a 25mm x 500mm long masonry SDS bit- how about that for an acid test :)

I got the kit with 2 batteries, charger and case and he did me a great deal and matched a price I'd seen on tinternet, also threw some other bits in, so my advice would be to go to a decent professional tool store, with pound notes in your pocket and wave your wad in their face ;)

'm saving up for the smaller dedicated driver now :)

Enjoy... Deano

Reply to
deano

I just bought this

replaced my old one which lasted 5 years before the battteries went

HTH

Reply to
nimbusjunk

They had one on display in SF yesterday. Lovely piece of kit.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

"Drilling & Impact Drilling Functions" Does that mean it's a hammer drill?

Reply to
GB

Yup. A combi.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

The batteries on my Bosch died after less than two years. I would not recommend. All rechargeables die after a while but I would go for a Hitachi, DeWalt or Makita, preferably not with NiCd batteries.

Reply to
Mark