CORDLESS DRILL BATTERIES

I had an Epson Stylus and threw it out.

So chaps (and chappesses) - a ringing endorsement for Epson printers I think.
Darren

think.
Want to waste your money? be my guest.

It wouldn't be fast enough for him. Quality means nothing and he's good at wasting money anyway.
--
*It's a thankless job, but I've got a lot of Karma to burn off

What woud you recommend instead and why?
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

I bought a Cannon i865 recently - and it's ok in some ways. I was restricted in choice through needing a parallel port one, though. It's much faster than the Stylus 600 per page, but if anything slower for one page from a cold start as many domestic users will do. One very annoying feature is that although it takes A4 paper, it won't take an 'A4' envelope sideways, so these have to be printed vertically. The CD printing feature is useful - gives perfect registration every time. It has much bigger ink tanks than the Epsom. The instructions are useless, and only on CD.
Very dense colours etc when set to transparency - useful for my PCBs, etc.
--
*Two many clicks spoil the browse *

for
the
like
Currently the Canon printers have the edge, and their cartridge do not cost more than the printer. For convenience I bought Canon's cheapest printer as I needed one pronto, it came out about 6 months ago, the i250, about 50. It is excellent. I printed out some colour A4 digital photos taken with a 2Mp Olympus on photo paper. The results were excellent. An A4 blowup is supposed to be watered down in appearance if you listen to the salesmen. I, and others who have viewed the photo's have found it excellent. Printing 4 photo's in one A4 sheet and the again the result are excellent.
For lots of colour work the Canons that have separate colour cartridges in the primary colours are supposed to be the best. Whether that is in economy, as you only replace a particular colour, or in resolution, I don't really know.
So far I am a happy bunny and didn't pay a fortune for a printer.

Have you been refilling the Canon? If so and it is suffering from streaky prints then a new Canon cart can do wonders. Replaces the head on most models...
Darren

I think Epsons are the exception - they have heads that are fitted for life. All that is changed when you fit new inktanks is indeed a tank with ink in. With HP and Canon printers the replacement ink cart tends to come complete with a new head. Refilling these too many times can lead to problems. The advantage of this is that if you get a bad blockage in one of the nozzles on an epson you tend to be stuffed - on a HP or canon a new cart sorts it. Not sure on lexmarks - we don't have any of those (I suspect they are like the HPs).
Of course, this raises the question of why Epson carts are not a lot cheaper than HP or canon if they are so simple...
Darren

suspect
Exactly.

Not so - that's how I broke my head. ;-) I don't use colour that often so had it apart to clean it - you basically just soak it in de-mineralised water for a couple of days, and then pump some through each head. After doing a final rinse, I clumsily pulled the tube I was using off, and broke the head. But I've done it several times before with success.
--
*The statement above is false

A new Bosch 14.4v drill/driver is available from Argos at 50. Cat No. 710/6701

Or you can get a NU TOOL 20 volt one for a few quid more. Beware of expensive imitations by the likes of Makita etc.

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 22:53:11 +0000 (UTC), "Michael Mcneil"

Wait and see how long the batteries don't last and poor their characteristics are in junk like Nu Tool.
The name is very apt.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

I know what you mean. Robbing filth!

You can generally replace the cells inside, if you feel up to it.

Try Multicell. They will refurbish them. http://www.multicell.co.uk/index.htm Rgds Alec
snipped-for-privacy@hsbc.com says...

You might check out
http://www.geocities.com/powerbatteries/powertool.html
--
Mike

recell do a very good service: www.recell.co.uk
mrcheerful
Steve Barnes explained on 05/04/2004 :

With noting much to loose, you could always open up and rebuild the battery pack with a new set of cells.