Cooker Hood Ducting

Does anyone know if this kind of ducting is suitable for a cooker hood with

600m2/h extraction:

assume it's so cheap because it's more or less foil on a wire helix?

Reply to
Danny Monaghan

How long a length? What kind of fan in the extractor?

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

I've got the same stuff for a 450m3/h extractor, and no problems. As it's

150mm, I'm sure it can probably take plenty more.

Looking elsewhere I was being quoted nearly £100 for a 5m length of 150mm ducting with wall plate!

Richard

Reply to
Richard Geyman

Andy Hall wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

..snip my waffle..

Including the run up the chimney section of the hood, approx 4m with 2

90deg bends. I've no idea if the fan is centrifugal or not I'm afraid (can you tell by looking?). The hood is a Brandt AD229X and no tech spec has been supplied with it, or on the website :(
Reply to
Danny Monaghan

That should be OK. If you can do the bends using the ducting and curve it rather than using elbows then even better,

Yes. The impeller inside looks like a drum with blades around the edge, rather than like a propeller.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Andy Hall wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

..snip..

Ah! It is centrifugal then - with two intakes, one at either end of the axis.

Cheers Andy

Reply to
Danny Monaghan

That sounds fairly steep. Have you looked at the Domus catalogue (available as a .pdf file downloadable from their web site (www. domusventilation.com look under 'ducting') and then asked a builders merchant to quote.

(If you know the fan performance, the catalogue also explains how to calculate the suitability of different types of ducting.)

Reply to
Brian S Gray