Consumer unit - unimportant bit left over!

My new MK consumer unit - I've got a clear plastic strip left over. It looks as though it could clip on somewhere. It's about 3x3mm, u-shaped cross section, and the length of the box.

If I cut it into shorter lengths, I could clip it on underneath the neutral and earth connector blocks, but I can't see why it's needed. It's not mentioned in the destructions.

Reply to
GB

bus-bar shield? though mine is black and larger than 3mm.

grommet strip to fit whichever knockouts you've used? presume it's a metal case...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Is it for hiding a bit of paper on what the breakers all actually do perhaps? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Grommet strip to put around the knockouts for the cable entry. Almost certainly not long enough if you use more than three of the knockouts or do what I do and make all the knockouts into one knockout with a jigsaw (depending on installation).

Possibly not needed depending on how you have sealed the cable entry points or how the cables enter the knockouts.

Reply to
ARW

Thanks v much. Grommet strip makes very good sense, thanks.

Reply to
GB

And the stuff is IMHO not fit for purpose. It needs to be glued into place or it is about at much use a a condom machine in the Vatican.

Reply to
ARW

Jeff Layman