Consumer unit cover

New builds are still going up at a rate of knots around here. Very common request, can you build a small cupboard around the consumer unit - they tend to fit them in dining rooms, kitchens etc.

Is there a commercially available cover that can just be slipped over & fixed to the wall?

It would save me making up something from MDF.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

A small kitchen wall cupboard with a door to match room decor?

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

It depends on the size of the CU, Dave. There are so many different sizes, shapes and install situations, that stocking such things would take a warehouse the size of Yorkshire to keep the right for every situation.

So it's out with saw and tape measure again, my man. :-(

Reply to
BigWallop

Small radiator cover?

Reply to
Bob Eager

Reply to
John

I cut a B&Q wall cupboard down to half depth

Reply to
Tony Bryer

In article , The Medway Handyman scribeth thus

Blimey!..

Are they selling them though?....

Reply to
tony sayer

And Brasso brings MICC cable up a treat...

A quick rub over the jelly-mould switches occasionally, and once a year touch up the iron-clad switchfuses with some hammerite.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Well ...

It isn't the developers that are asking TMH to fit a cover over the CU, so presumably (at least, so far ...)

Reply to
Martin Bonner

Thats slowed down obviously, but they are completing the part built ones and offering much reduced prices. Being in the London commuter belt helps a lot.

Now selling them at more sensible prices of course...

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Most all sites around the Cambridge area have been deserted;!..

Reply to
tony sayer